Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

life. october 2012

I'm still trying to get the hang of this blog thing... what to write about, when to write, how much, how little... a lot has been going on but it doesn't seem like I should dedicate posts to every thing that happens. Reading this thing would become a full time job for you, and trust me, my life is not THAT interesting most days.  So my plan is on the first of every month, I'll provide a life update post for all those things that happened that I didn't catch along the way that are worth sharing (in my opinion!).
Keep in mind, I've completely cut other forms of contact with my family and are providing them updates on my life strictly through this blog now so I need to be detailed so they know I am alive.
 just kidding

Oh October, where did you go?!

Turned the BIG 3-0!
I enjoyed the final days of my youthful 20's and rocked in the 30's with friends and family at Sing Sing, a piano bar. I can't decide if the highlight of the night was the piano player calling me up on stage and singing to me about private parts (as my in-laws walked in) or the video I found on my phone the next day of John and friend's dancing their butts off. Honestly there was more booty shaking than a Beyonce music video. Either way, we had a blast and paid for it for many days later.
First sign, that I'm not longer in my twenties.



Welcome to the world Mia Frances!
My cousin Mimi and her husband Brian welcomed their first baby Mia Frances, into the world on October 8th. They live in Florida so I haven't had a chance to meet her yet, but I cannot wait. It will be so exciting with my nephew Joey (Sara's baby) being so close in age. I wish we all lived closer.





What? Oktoberfest isn't in October?
It's been on my bucket list to go to Penn Brewery during Oktoberfest and check out what it's all about. So one Friday night along with my friends Kendra and Jane, we decided to go. Apparently I was wrong for thinking this would happen during the month of October, it actually happens in September. So needless to say this will remain on my bucket list but we did get to drink some great beer at the brewery and partake in some delicious German food. I tried Buffalo Chicken Pierogies, which I'm sure is not traditional at all and of course pretzels and beer cheese!  





Julia turns 3!
My niece Julia turned three this pastTuesday and her birthday party was at McDonalds. Not just any McDonalds, but the world famous McDonalds that has a Big Mac museum (and a pretty awesome playground!) Guaging by the running around, screams and smiles on their faces, the kids had a blast! It's been so fun seeing the dynamic change each year at her birthday parties as the same group of kids grow up together. Julia loves princesses right now and I am pretty sure she received every single Disney princess item that is sold at Target, Walmart and Toys R Us! I can't imagine what Santa will bring in a couple months!



Just dandy, Hurricane Sandy
This past week many of us have been impacted in one way or another by Hurricane Sandy (or should I say Super Storm) that hit the north east coast. My heart goes out to all of those that have lost loved ones, their houses, and other precious belongings. I was especially worried about my sister Lauren and brother in law Ryan that live in New Jersey, less than 2 miles from the beach. Fortunately they are safe, with no damage to their house, but still without power. I've also had several friends ask about my grandmother's beach house in Fenwick Island, Delaware which is just north of Ocean City, Maryland and it also appears that everything is fine there too.
In the Burgh, it's still raining. We didn't have any flooding, but the ceiling in our bedroom closet started leaking Monday night with all the wind and rain. The leak stopped Tuesday morning so now it's just another thing to add to the list of projects for this place.

I am hoping the sun will come out in November, it's been almost a week since I've seen it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment