Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

TGIF... kinda

"It's Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday... Everybody's lookin forward to the weekend, weekend..."
Like the not-so-famous words of Rebecca Black, I too look forward to the end of a long week and a couple days to catch up with the rest of life. BUT there is one thing I do not look forward to.
Dun..dun...dunnnnn........

Friday is my weigh in day for Weight Watchers.

I hesitated going here with my blog because let's face it, this thing makes me accountable now for following through and sticking with it. I can easily face my own defeat on weeks where I know I didn't exercise or eat well, but having to admit them to someone else. That sucks.
It seems a lot easier to commit to updating my house, (that's fun!) than committing to dieting, (not fun!) But bottom line is I need motivation and if I find it through this channel, great! If not, then oh well you just hear me complain about why my pants don't fit. :)

Losing weight has always been a challenge for me. I wasn't born a size 2 and never had the metabolism of super model, but I'm noticing as I'm getting older, it's becoming harder. Just like we were all warned about! I feel like physically whatever metabolism I did have is slowing down and also my lifestyle and eating habits are changing. Prior to getting married I was totally cool with cereal or crackers/cheese for dinner, now I actually have REAL meals. Like meat and stuff.
I talked before about some of the challenges with working from home and not being able to buy snacks that would tempt me throughout the day and I've been pretty good with that, but it's what happens when the work day is over that gets me into trouble.

I decided to join Weight Watchers Online in August for lots of reasons besides just being ticked at myself for gaining all the weight I lost for my wedding and then some back within two years...
1) My sister Sara is getting married in April and her bridesmaid dress color is light yellow, which will be SO not forgiving.
2) We have a vacation planned in May to the Riviera Maya and I really want to be able to wear all those cute bathing suits I bought for my honeymoon again.
3) Was super motivated by seeing two of my friends on Facebook lose a lot of weight recently using Weight Watchers
4) John started working out and dropped 20 lbs almost instantly, NOT FAIR.
5) Confirmed my company/health insurance benefits covered Weight Watchers almost 100% and had no excuse!

I had used Weight Watchers in the past with success but this with mostly through the WW at work program where you went to meetings and weighed in with a person every week. With the online program you are completely on your own in terms of tracking and weighing in which does lessen some of the pressure.
The program has changed since I did it a few years ago and it took awhile to get used to certain foods being worth more / less points than before. The greatest thing is that fruits are 0 points now and that was always a complaint I had with the old program when a banana was worth 2 points and so was a snack bag of chips, I'm choosing the chips!

Within the first month this time around, I logged my food everyday and lost 5 lbs. I was feeling great about my success and here's where the downfall happens. It feels like immediately once I see results I feel like I can let go a little and then my progress stops. It's funny how I forecasted I would see that same 5 lb weight loss every month going forward if I just stuck with it and here I am at the beginning of November with just that same 5 lbs on my weight loss chart, and not the 20 lbs that I was hoping I would be at.

I know what my problem is, the math is quite simple when you are counting calories in  and what is being burned each day. I just need to get serious about what I'm eating and kick up my exercise routine a notch. (...more on that in a future post)

So here it goes... I'm committing to record all of my meals and stay within my allotted point values for this week so I will have something positive to share next Friday... gosh, I hope I don't mess this up!

1 comment:

  1. Go Alicia Go!! You can do it! I need to get on something myself because right now my diet consists of cookies, soda and nachos. So healthy. :( I've always heard of wonderful things about WW...maybe I'll try it out too.

    ReplyDelete