Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Around this time of the year especially I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Whether it's to serve to friends coming over, or to bring to a party or just for a special treat for no reason!

I have pinned so many recipes on Pinterest but hesitate trying them out especially when it involves other people eating them for fear it may be gross. This one was a winner. Now, let me warn you, I followed the recipe exactly and it was too spicy for our liking so I would definitely cut down on the jalapenos. Other than my mouth being on fire, it was delicious and worth sharing.

OK that probably wasn't the best intro to this recipe and no one will try it now.
Obviously I am not in sales. This is good, I promise.

Jalapeno Popper Dip
Source: http://www.closetcooking.com/2009/03/jalapeno-popper-dip.html

Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled), drained (I would use 2 ounces next time, I was measuring from jarred jalapenos. I diced them rather than using the whole slices)
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional) - I did not add these
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated

 Directions
  1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
  2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
  4. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
YUMMY!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment