Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

1 down, many to go..

Not gonna lie, I was really dreading today after the promise I made last Friday to eat healthy, stay within my Weight Watchers points and work out.
The weekend had a lot of temptation, especially with brunch and the goodies I bought at the Strip District, and with it getting dark so early it's putting a damper on my outside exercise activity. So when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I had lost 1 lb I was pretty darn excited.

It may have been water weight, it may have been that I hadn't had my coffee yet, but I don't care. The number was less than what it was last Friday and that's a small victory for me.
After my initial shock that I hadn't gained 5 lbs, I started thinking that even though I made some poor choices, I made really good choices at other times, and those good choices outweighed the bad this week. It's hard to always stay on track, but knowing when you didn't and being able to adjust for it, is half the battle. A few things I did differently this week..

1) Stopped making excuses for not working out. The weather was gorgeous, so I really tried to get Izzy out for a walk/run almost every day also while sticking with my kettlebell work outs. I put a calendar on the fridge and marked the days I exercised so it's there staring me in the face on the days I don't do it.

2) Kicked my work-outs up a notch. Instead of just walking, I started jogging intervals. Izzy really hates this, but it gets my heart rate up. Even though there are hills on the course we walk, it was becoming less challenging so this spices it up a bit.

3) Stocked the fridge with healthy snacks. Fruits are zero WW points, so I bought clementines, grapes, bananas and cucumbers that were readily available when I had the urge for a late night snack.

I know this week coming up is going to be tough with Thanksgiving. I think it will really just come down to portion control and not going overboard. I'm not feeling too optimistic about next Friday's weigh-in but here's to trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment