Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

life. november 2012

This monthly update almost passed me by... I cannot believe it is DECEMBER already!
So let's see... what else happened this month...

I finally got my iPad
I know my sisters are going to make fun of me for bringing this up again, but I never followed up to my other post about the drama associated with getting this thing!
While I was home the weekend before Thanksgiving, Lauren and I went shopping in Delaware and both purchased iPads. The Apple Store was flooded with people shopping but they made it very convenient with an express table for those of who know exactly what we want and don't want to graze around the store looking at stuff. This is a moment that my Dad and John would be so proud of... I knew exactly what I wanted so this should be IN and OUT of the store in no time. Well... not so fast.
For some reason when I was checking out they needed to call for authorization for using my debit card (which had more then enough to cover the iPad)! This took about 10 minutes of the poor sales rep being on hold at which point I told him to give up and just use my credit card so we could get out of there. This was not express!
While I appreciate PNC trying to prevent fraudulant purchases, which I confirmed was the case when they called me later in the day to report that my card was attempted for use in Delaware, I seriously thought this was a final straw in preventing me from getting this coveted iPad!! Now the obsession has begun...


The steps are finished!
John has been waiting for a few weeks for custom pieces to arrive to complete the steps and officially wrap up the floor project. When you enter our townhouse there is  small landing and steps that lead down to the basement/laundry room and another set that leads to the main floor. I've been anxiously waiting for the steps to be finished since it's the first thing people see when they come in.
It wasn't easy, but he did it and they look great!!!


















Last Pitt Football Home Game
The Pitt football tailgate sesason came to an end the weekend after Thanksgiving and we decided to kick it up a notch for the last home game by bringing the deep fryer. We typically bring this to one big game a year and cook chicken wings, mozzerella sticks, and anything else we can think of that would be tasty deep fried! Well this year John was set on deep frying ANOTHER turkey because his friend Dave has never had it before. We weren't sure if everyone would feel like eating turkey again just a few short days after Thanksgiving but there wasn't too much left afterwards!

It was a noon game and it was SO cold that morning so we also had apple cider & rum and plenty of handwarmers to go around!

It was worth freezing out tooshies off because Pitt scored a big WIN against Rutgers. It's always nice have a great win at home to wrap up a not so great season.







Brag book
I am a proud aunt of a beautiful niece, Julia and two handsome nephews, Jake and Joey. 
I just have to share a couple pics of these kiddos. They are so stinkin' cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment