Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Favorite Things: Make Up

I hate to disappoint but I'm not giving away loads of free stuff.  I'm not Oprah, people!
However, I love reading reviews and asking for recommendations about products people love, so when I find something I can't live without, I want to share!

The topic is make up! (Go ahead gentlemen, you can close your browser windows now)

My favorite powder/foundation:
Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation


Why this is awesome?
I don't like liquid foundation and pressed powder alone isn't always enough so this provides the happy medium! Subtle coverage with a smooth powder finish that lasts the entire day.

Where do I get it and how much?
It's Maybelline you can get it anywhere and it's around $7-$8. You can't beat that!

I have been using this product for at least 8 years and was a little worried when they discontinued my shade. Fortunately, I realized this early enough and found several new compacts on Amazon for really cheap and stocked up!

My favorite lid primer:
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

Why this is awesome?
No creases in your eye shadow! Some of you may not have this problem, but I do! My eye shadow would look great in the morning but by the end of the day it was no longer on my lid and there was a line where it had all moved to the crease of my eye lid. Yuck. I have tried several lid primers from cheap to pretty expensive and this one does the trick perfectly and keeps that shadow in place!

Where do I get it and how much?
Shhhh... don't tell!
Alone this primer is $21.00 at Sephora. A little on the high side for a small tube even though it does last awhile. However, Sephora sells this Lorac set for $37.00 that includes a full size primer, eye shadow trio, liner, duo mascara and an eye shadow brush!!  They never have that many in the store so when I find it, I buy it. No joke these items purchased separately are $110 so it's a great deal, and they work fabulously together.


My favorite eye make-up remover:
American Beauty Barefaced Make Up Remover

Why this is awesome?
My mom, sisters and I swear by this stuff. My mascara never comes off with just normal facewash, I look like a raccoon afterwards. After years of using the little pink or blue capped Maybelline make up remover the skin around my eyes was either super oily or really dried out. Then one time while I was home visiting my parents, I used this for the first time and pretty sure it "accidentally" ended up in my bag back to Pittsburgh.

Where do I get it and how much?
Kohls! Regular price it's around $15, but seriously... it's Kohls, when do you ever pay regular price?Whenever I have Kohls cash and a coupon, I pick up a bottle of this so I never run out.

So what are your FAVORITE make up items? Anything you can't live without that you want to share?! Please tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment