Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

bloom where you are planted

As I embark on the third decade of my life, I have been thinking about taking on a new challenge this year. Deciding what this new challenge would be exactly has been consuming my thoughts during my nightly walks with Izzy...

I like pictures, I will take a photography class.
I like to write, I will start compiling stories for a book.
I like to cook, I will sign up for a cooking class.
I need to get in shape, I will start exercising every day, maybe train for a race.
I want to fix up our house, I will start planning DIY projects.

Then it came to me. I can do all of those things and share it with other people.
I will start a blog.
And boom! the cabbage patch was planted. Lucky you.

You may wonder why the name (and no, I don't have a secret obsession with those cute, cuddly dolls) but rather it's a play on our last name.

Kapusta [kah-POOS-tah], the Russian, Belarusian, Hungarian, Polish, Ukrainian, Czech and Slovak word for cabbage                                                                      
 

So what exactly are you going to find here? Good question! I guess we'll find out together as this year unfolds. Being the planner that I am, usually I want to have everything organized and figured out in advance before I start, but with this... I'm just going to roll with it.

I am certainly not a journalist or frequent contributor to editoral posts, but I'll try to make it interesting enough that will keep you coming back. Or so I hope! 
 




2 comments: